When do I need a lawyer?
Many people believe they need an attorney’s services only to solve a problem or to get out of a difficult situation. Often, the best time to see an attorney is not when you are in legal trouble but before that trouble occurs. Preventive law is one of the most valuable services that a lawyer can perform. By eliminating potential problems, preventive law can save you time, money and needless worry. Some of the circumstances that may require professional legal assistance are:
- Buying or selling real estate
- Signing a lease or contract with major financial provisions
- Marriage, divorce or adoption
- When a lawsuit is brought against you, or you want to bring a lawsuit
- If you are arrested or charged with a crime
- Starting a business
- Planning for the distribution of your property upon your death
- When you have been injured, either on the job, or in an accident, or as a result of another’s negligence, or because of a defective or unsafe product
- Appearances, applications or appeals to government agencies or boards
Municipal plans and ordinances online
Are your print copies of local ordinances out-of-date? Can you even find them?
Our Speakers' Bureau provides free programs on law-related topics. Speakers are available for classroom presentations or for meetings held within Adams County. To schedule a speaker or to get more information, call Adams County Bar Association President, Kristin Rice at (717) 337-9842
Recent Additions to Law Library
Westlaw replaces Lexis as online search subscription.